Dr. Badreddin (aka Badreldin) is an Associate Professor and Associate Director at Northeastern University. He is the director of the Super Twin Research Laboratory; AI-Enabled Software and Hardware Continuous Re-Design. His research is focused on predicting software and systems evolution with the goal of enhancing upfront designs and enabling effective continuous re-engineering. This research creates Super Digital Twins (Digital Twins augmented with the power of predictive analytics), which opens up new discovery pathways in resilient and adaptable architectures. This research enables engineers to proactively address vulnerabilities even before they materialize.
This research entails investigations of the fundamentals of software design and the development of novel approaches and advanced software analytical tools. Dr. Badreddin contributes to the UML standard and key open-source projects, including Eclipse, Umple, ModelMine, and Susereum. His research explores opportunities to reduce software and data complexities, and the complexity of the tools used for software development and data management.
Recent Journal Publications (2021):
- Journal of Software: Practice and Experience. “The Human in MDE Loop: A Case Study on Integrating Handwritten Code in Model-Driven Engineering Repositories”. Accepted, 2021.
- The Journal of Object Technology. “The Evolution of Software Design Practices Over a Decade: A Long Term Study of Practitioners”. Accepted, 2021.
Key Recent Publications (Conferences and Journals)
- Moshin Reza S., Mahfujur Rahman M., Parvez H., Badreddin O., Al Mamun S. Performance Analysis of Machine Learning Approaches in Software Complexity Prediction. In: Kaiser M.S., Bandyopadhyay A., Mahmud M., Ray K. (eds) Proceedings of International Conference on Trends in Computational and Cognitive Engineering. Advances in Intelligent Systems and Computing, vol 1309. Springer, 2021.
- Rahad Khandoker, Omar Badreddin, and Reza Sayed. “The Human in MDE Loop: A Case Study on Integrating Handwritten Code in Model-Driven Engineering Repositories”. To Appear in the Journal of Software: Practice and Experience, 2021.
- Rahad Khandoker, Omar Badreddin, Timothy Lethbridge, Andrew Forward. “The Evolution of Software Design Practices Over a Decade: A Long-Term Study of Practitioners” to Appear in the Journal of Object Technology, 2021.
- Sayed Mohsin Reza, Omar Badreddin, and Khandoker Rahad. ModelMine: A tool to facilitate mining models from open source repositories. In 2020 ACM/IEEE 23rd International Conference on Model Driven Engineering Languages and Systems (MODELS). ACM, 2020.
- Maged Elaasar, Florian Noyrit, Omar Badreddin, and Sébastien Gérard. “Adaptation and Implementation of the ISO42010 Standard to Software Design and Modeling Tools.” In Springer Model-Driven Engineering and Software Development, pp. 236-258. Springer, Cham, 2019.
- Omar Badreddin, Hamou-Lhadj W., Abdelzad V., Khandoker R., Elassar M. (2018) Collaborative Software Design and Modeling in Open Source Systems. In: Khendek F., Gotzhein R. (eds) System Analysis and Modeling. Languages, Methods, and Tools for Systems Engineering. SAM 2018. Lecture Notes in Computer Science, vol 11150. pp 219-228. Springer, Cham.
- Omar Badreddin. Powering Software Sustainability with Blockchain. In Proceedings of the 28th Annual International Conference on Computer Science and Software Engineering, pp. 315-322. IBM Corp., 2018.
- Omar Badreddin, Rahad Khandoker, Andrew Forward, Omar Masmali and Timothy Lethbridge. A Decade of Software Design and Modeling: A Survey to Uncover Trends of the Practice. In Proceedings of the 21th ACM/IEEE International Conference on Model Driven Engineering Languages and Systems (MODELS), pp. 245-255. ACM, 2018.
View the complete list of my publications. All publication text is made publicly accessible.
Public Profiles: Google Scholar, Microsoft Researcher Profile, LinkedIn, Academia, ResearchGate, ACM Digital Library, and DBLB.